Saturday 11 April 2015

Expression in Sketching

Assignment 1.1b

For this task we were asked to take pictures of 6 random objects that has been laid out in any style and sketch them out.The ONLY methods to sketching these objects were hatching, cross hatching, scribbling  or even stippling. We we're asked to draw free hand straight with no trace of outlines.






Reflection:
To be honest,this was a tough one, not to say it was impossible but for the first time I felt like I wasn't in control of the outcome. Since we we're asked to not sketch the outlines, it was difficult for me to shape the correct shape. Make sense? Here I've decided to use cross hatching + Scribbling + Stippling . I did have a fun go using these methods and always tend to cross hatch where ever there are larger areas, since in my opinion is the fastest method.

Feedback: 
After receiving back the assignment, I had gotten a poor result ( 5/10) to be exact. Half the mark of getting a whole. My lecturers stated that my tonal values were poor and because of that, it was difficult to differentiate the shadows and depth of certain objects. With that I did fully realise my sketching skills were softer amongst the rest of my course mates. I know this because I've always had a tendency to sketch very light and airy. I do not take their criticism markings as a bad thing, in fact I would do my best and improve my rendering skills and perfect my tonal value in order to improve.






No comments:

Post a Comment